9th International Fluid Academy Day - October 26th 2019 - Valencia, Spain
A neglected topic for way too long, the interest in fluid therapy seems to be quickly rising as the medical community is making a shift from looking at fluids as a mere method of stabilization towards the appreciation of its relevant side effects.
Many questions remain to be answered indeed:
- Is the upgrade from saline 0.9% to balanced crystalloids worth the extra cost?
- Does HES still have a place in the OR?
- Do we have to fill the gap left by HES on ICU with crystalloids, other colloids or even albumin?
- Is it really impossible to avoid fluid overload by using only crystalloids?
- Is there still a definitive place for human albumin?
- How do we treat and monitor specific patient populations, like patients with trauma, liver failure, brain edema and right heart failure among others?
- How do we avoid a one-size-fits-all regimen in perioperative goal-directed therapy?
- What with the fluids beyond resuscitation?
- And what do the authors of the big fluid trials do in real life themselves?
The 9th International Fluid Academy Day will again be a 1 day concise meeting on all aspects of fluid managament and hemodynamic monitoring in the critically ill.
Date: October 26th 2019, 8:00 - 18:00
from 1 July 2019
from 1 July 2019
from 1 August 2019
from 1 September 2019
|regular doctors and industry||175||200||225||250||300|
|residents or members endorsing societies*||140||160||180||200||240|
|nondoctors or doctors low income countries*||110||130||145||160||190|
(*) Special rate: proof of status for residents, members endorsing society, non-doctors, doctors from low income countries will be required to finalize your registration
Congress and Symposium Venue
- Oct 26th: ADEIT, Plaza Virgen de la Paz, 3, 46001 Valencia, Spain
- Hotel: SH Inglès boutique hotel, Marqués de Dos Aguas, 6, Ciutat Vella, 46002 Valencia, Spain
- EACCME accreditation pending
- 3rd BEACH (BElgian Annual eCmo Hands-on cannulation) course, Auditorium Kiekens, UZB: Oct 11th (08:00-18:00 - limited places)
- Academic Symposium in Celebration of the 40th Anniversary of the University Hospital Brussels ICU, Auditorium Brouwer, Faculty of Medicine and Pharmacy: Oct 12th (12:00-18:00)
For updates please check our website regularly
Please check out our BLOG pages
Download Full text PDF's
- Prof. Manu Malbrain, MD, PhD, Brussels, Belgium. ICU Director, University Hospital Brussels, Jette, Belgium and Faculty of Medicine and Pharmacy, Vrije Universiteit Brussel, Brussels, Belgium. Co-founder and Executive Board member IFAD.
- Prof. F. Javier Belda MD, PhD. Professor of Anesthesiology, Department of Surgery, University of Valencia. Department of Anesthesia and Critical Care. Hospital Clinico Universitario. Valencia, Spain. http://www.anestesiaclinicovalencia.org
- Dr. Oscar Díaz-Cambronero. Department Anesthesiology. Hospital Universitari i Politécnic La Fe. Chairman Malignant Hyperthermia Lab. Main investigator Perioperative Medicine Group. IISlaFe Biomedical Research Institute. Valencia. Spain. twitter @diazcambronero
- Dr. Paula Carmona García. Consultant Anesthetist, MD, PhD. Cardiovascular-Anesthesia and Intensive Care. University Hospital La Fe. Valencia, Spain
- Dr. Francisco José Miralles Aguiar. Department Anesthesiology. Hospital Universitario Puerta del Mar. Cádiz, Spain.
- Dr. Manuel Granell. Chief Section of Anesthesiology. Consorcio Hospital General Universitario of Valencia. Associate Professor of Anesthesiology, University of Valencia. Spain . SEDAR and EACTA member: Thoracic representant.
- Prof. Carlos Ferrando MD, PhD, DESA, Barcelona, Spain. Head of Surgical Intensive Care Unit. Department of Anesthesiology and Intensive Care. Hospital Clinic of Barcelona, Spain. Editor in Chief. Spanish Journal of Anesthesiology and Resuscitation
- Prof. Juan Vicente Llau Pitarch. Head of Department Anesthesiology. Hospital Dr Peset Valenci, Spain. Member SEDAR - Fluid therapy section
- Dr Javier Ripolles Melchor. Department Anesthesiology. Hospital Universitario Infanta Leonor. Madrid, Spain. Member SEDAR - Fluid therapy section
Please visit and like our Facebook page for all IFAD photos.