Free Open Access Medical Education and Member Benefits
The International Fluid Academy adheres to the FOAM principles for all website visitors: FREE Open Access Medical Education (#FOAMed #FOAMcc #FOAMus). The scientific information provided on the International Fluid Academy website is meant to complement and not replace any advice or information from a health professional.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: you can verify here.
This site has NO claims relating to the benefit or performance of a specific medical treatment, commercial product or service. The FOAM section of this website is regularly updated. Last modification by Adminstrator (Manu Malbrain) on May 2nd 2018 at 10:00.
We need your help: Fill-in our surveys
- Urine output monitoring: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/Survey_UO
- Fluid stewardship: https://nl.surveymonkey.com/r/COVID_Fluid
- WSACS consensus definitions: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/WSACS_definitions">https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/WSACS_definitions
Support FOAM and Donate to International Fluid Academy
We need your help to continue our efforts to support Free Open Access Medical Eductaion (#FOAMed, #FOAMcc) and to update our website.
You can download the full PDF of the CACU book for free but would welcome any financial support.
You get full access to:
Sign up today as IFAD member (membership is FREE for lifetime) and take advantage of more benefits:
As a registered member you gain extra benefits in addition to FOAM
- Reduced registration rates on future IFAD meetings
- Reduced registration rates on future IFAD workshops
- Access to Social Community and discussion forum
- Reduced rates on webshop items (books, DVD’s, goodies)
- Early access to new publications (PPT, PDF, video, photo)
Preview video presentations
Over 250 video presentations are available.
PRO-CON debate Do we need CO CON I dont need CO monitoring
TEE - Advanced techniques
Validation of noninvasive hemodynamic monitoring
Renal recovery and modality choice
Systolic Anterior Motion of Mitral Valve
Niels Van Regenmortel - Balanced Crystalloids
Xavier Monnet - Less Invasive Monitoring
Preview powerpoint Slides
Over 250 slides are available.
I need Colloids in Hemorrhagic Shock - PRO
full text papers
Over 250 papers are available.