Free Open Access Medical Education and Member Benefits
The International Fluid Academy adheres to the FOAM principles for all website visitors: FREE Open Access Medical Education (#FOAMed #FOAMcc #FOAMus). The scientific information provided on the International Fluid Academy website is meant to complement and not replace any advice or information from a health professional.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: you can verify here.
This site has NO claims relating to the benefit or performance of a specific medical treatment, commercial product or service. The FOAM section of this website is regularly updated. Last modification by Adminstrator (Manu Malbrain) on May 2nd 2018 at 10:00.
We need your help: Fill-in our surveys
- Urine output monitoring: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/Survey_UO
- Fluid stewardship: https://nl.surveymonkey.com/r/COVID_Fluid
- WSACS consensus definitions: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/WSACS_definitions">https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/WSACS_definitions
Support FOAM and Donate to International Fluid Academy
We need your help to continue our efforts to support Free Open Access Medical Eductaion (#FOAMed, #FOAMcc) and to update our website.
You can download the full PDF of the CACU book for free but would welcome any financial support.
You get full access to:
Sign up today as IFAD member (membership is FREE for lifetime) and take advantage of more benefits:
As a registered member you gain extra benefits in addition to FOAM
- Reduced registration rates on future IFAD meetings
- Reduced registration rates on future IFAD workshops
- Access to Social Community and discussion forum
- Reduced rates on webshop items (books, DVD’s, goodies)
- Early access to new publications (PPT, PDF, video, photo)
Preview video presentations
Over 250 video presentations are available.
Sibylle Kozek Langenecker - Fluid Trials
Manu Malbrain - The Art of De-resuscitation
Is de-resuscitation the solution
PRO - Dont hold back
The future of fluids in critical care
Prognostic Value of Bioelectrical Impedance Analysis (BIA)
Heart – The transesophageal approach
PRO-CON debate on the role of Albumin - PRO - I need albumin on the ICU
Abdomen - Advanced issues
Preview powerpoint Slides
Over 250 slides are available.
ECHO PATTERN OF ACUTE COR PULMONALE
O3 fang gao smitth introduction on o3 and o4
Pulling the Break Triggers to stop Fluid Loading
full text papers
Over 250 papers are available.